How to use this Learning Station
On this Learning Station, you can read and test your knowledge. Tap on a book to open its chapter list. In each chapter, you can take a quiz to test your knowledge.
To take tests, you must register with your email address or cell number. It is free to register and to take tests.
For help email email@example.com or call +27 76 657 0353.
Learning is easiest with printed books. To order printed books, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27 76 657 0353.
Visit bettercare.co.za for information.
Test 1: Care of the mother
Please choose the one, most correct answer to each question or statement.
- How long are most normal pregnancies?
- 36 weeks
- 40 weeks
- 42 weeks
- What is a common sign of early pregnancy?
- Tender, swollen breasts
- Abdominal pain
- When should a woman book for antenatal care?
- As soon as her pregnancy is confirmed
- When she first feels her baby moving
- When she is 6 months pregnant and her abdomen is getting bigger
- Why are antenatal visits important?
- They are needed for the woman to claim maternity leave
- They help to keep mother and baby healthy
- The woman cannot deliver at a clinic if she did not attend there for her antenatal visits
- What important role can a community health worker play in providing antenatal care?
- Rub the woman’s abdomen with oil at every home visit
- Measure her blood pressure every week
- Make sure that she is attending all her appointments at an antenatal clinic
- What is a healthy lifestyle during pregnancy?
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol
- Have heavy exercise only once a week and add extra salt to all meals
- Gain as much weight as possible so that breastfeeding will be successful
- What daily supplements should pregnant women have?
- Which of the following is a danger sign in pregnancy?
- Having to get up at night to pass urine
- Vaginal bleeding
- What is a birth plan?
- Deciding on a name for the baby before delivery
- Having a clear idea what to do when labour starts
- Taking special health insurance for delivery
- What should a CHW ask about at a home visit after delivery?
- Does the lochia (vaginal fluid) smell bad
- Has the mother bought a bottle and milk formula yet
- Whether the mother is able to pay for the visit